Quinta de Anauco 1797-1997 bicentenario
Duarte, Carlos F.
Price: 36.00 USD
Caracas: Asociación Venezolana Amigos Del Arte Colonial / Fundacion Cultural Chacao, 1997. Tan cloth/boards with blind-stamp lettering. Color-photographic dj with blue/white lettering. 125 pp. with color photos throughout. Texts by Carlos F. Duarte; photos by Mariano U. De Aldaca. La Quinta de Anauco serves as physical space for the Museum of Colonial Art in Caracas, exhibits objects and items from the colonial era, showing how Venezuelans lived before emancipation dates. This residence was known as La Casa de Solorzano and was built by Captain Juan Javier Mijares Solorzano in colonial times between 1796 and 1797. It was conceived as a country house amid coffee plantations, various sugar cane and fruit trees. Historians claim that its first owner was the Captain Juan Sanchez Morgado who was the first ordinary mayor of the city of Santiago de Leon de Caracas and that its construction dates back to 1632, as recorded in the minutes of the Cabildo of Caracas on 4th September of that year; and that later he passed it into the hands of Ana Cebrian and Jacinta of Cardona and eventually to Solorzano. The Government of Venezuela began its restoration in December 1958 and ended in 1961. The Museum of Colonial Art, an institution that houses one of the most valulavle and best-preserved collections of colonial art in Venezuela, was founded in 1942 by Alfredo Machado Hernandez and moved to the Quinta de Anauco in 1961, once the restoration of the building was complete. - adapted from Wikipedia. 1,800 copies. VG/Good (Some kind of paper stuck to lower spine of dj). Name of art curator on ffep.
- By This Author: Duarte, Carlos F.
- By This Publisher: Asociación Venezolana Amigos Del Arte Colonial / Fundacion Cultural Chacao