The Tiffany Chapel at The Morse Museum
Long, Nancy (editor)
Price: 18.00 USD
Winter Park, Fla: Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, 2002. Black & color illus. wraps, French flaps, 112 pp. profusely illustrated in color. Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848-1933) built a chapel for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition. He later moved it to his own estate. In the 1950s, it was rescued from neglect, and has been reassembled at the Morse Museum, the "greatest repository of Tiffany furniture, stained glass, mosaic, and architectural elements." (intro) Learn more about its story from these seven illustrated essays: Tiffany and Design Reform / Wendy Kaplan -- A Tiffany Masterpiece Rediscovered / Laurence J. Ruggiero -- Louis C. Tiffany and the Dawing of a New Era for Mosaics / Alice Cooney Frelinghuysen -- Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company at the World's Columbian Exposition / Joel M. Hoffman -- The Chapel's First Installation and Move to Saint John the Divine / Patricia Pongracz Spicka -- The Challenge of Conservation / Rustin Levenson, John Maseman -- A Major Window is Preserved / Thoams Venturella. An interesting tangent of the Tiffany story. VG.